Thursday, July 21, 2011

Harper at 3 months old

When I look back everything seems so long ago. So much has happened, and Harper has grown so much. But at the same time I think, WOW! Three months already! Most of the time I still feel like I should still be pregnant. And where did my bony baby go?

She has definitely gotten some chub on her now. When I weigh my self, then hold her and weigh us together she weighs just over 11 pounds now. She has graduated in to 0-3 month sized clothes. Some newborn sizes still fit her though, and I am trying to get my wear out of them. I learned really quickly that although clothes this small are really cute and fun, clothes are over-rated. She has so many cute outfits, I get her dressed everyday, and we just hang out at the house. A few cute outfits are great! But mostly she loves to be nakey.

Harper is always the most happy in the mornings, and early after noon. Its hard to get anything done, because I just love to sit around and play with her. Then later I can't get anything done because she is mostly unhappy if I'm not snuggling her. It's great. I've noticed a pattern of ornery-ness between the hours of 6-9 pm. & it can last up to 2 hours. But its never anything unbearable, I am just sad that she is so sad. Jared made a comment awhile ago to someone saying, "she is always crying". I thought that was the weirdest thing for him to say, because over all she is very happy and pleasant. Then I realized that he gets home from work around 7 or 8 pm most nights, then it made sense.

We've been so lucky with her sleeping habits. She usually it passed out by 10 pm and doesn't wake up for the day until 9 am. She wakes up to eat every 3-5 hours, but goes right back to sleep the second she's hooked up.

She has grabbed a few of her toys a couple times, but I am pretty sure it was an accident. We are working on it. But she loves her little play place that her aunt gave her, with little hangy toys on it. And when they play music she gets really excited, and does fun leg exercises.

She hasn't rolled over yet. I don't put her on her tummy as much as I should though. She really hates it. Or she decides it's not worth it and goes to sleep. So I usually avoid tummy time.

I notice that I have nick named her teeny, tiny, or little, for the time being. I think it's because every time someone sees her that's what they say.

She smiles, and coos all the time! It is my very favorite. The coos get the dogs really excited, and they come sniff her, and see what she's so excited about. I'm really impressed with how good the dogs are with her. Sergeant I think is mostly jealous, so her is of sulking a lot. Sage likes to lick her all the time though, but I can't complain if that's the very worst thing they do.

Harper loves being in the bath.. but not the pool. Probably the water temperature? Or maybe the fact that she isn't naked in the pool? But she could be in the bath all day long!!

From the time I found out I was pregnant I was determined to use cloth diapers. I stole some from my very generous friend so that I could try them out first before I spent the $ on a something I might hate using. It took her awhile to be big enough for them, so I didn't start right away. In fact I just started yesterday. So for the passed two days it's been nothing but cloth, for the most part. I only borrowed 4, and they don't last me through the whole day. But so far I love them! They work great! And I got these fun little flush able liners that you put in them to catch the #2 so the clean up is that much easier. Her #2 is obviously not a solid yet, but they still help a lot. I am going to be making a purchase soon.

No comments: