Wednesday, July 6, 2011

snap-judgment

Yesterday I came across this article,

ksl.com - Confronting a snap-judgment society

I loved this article! I do this all the time! More than the average person. I am a judg-er. I have tried for quite awhile now to stop, because I know there are plenty of situations where I do something stupid, regret it the second I do it, & just hope that people realize that I know my mistake.

I am the worst at judging when I am on the road. I did my routine drive from Santaquin to Bountiful today. (a good 1 hour & 15 minute drive) I noticed myself judging most cars around me! Mostly the vehicle that cut me off, almost causing an accident. I stereotyped this to be an aggressive teen driver in daddy's car. (I had a whole story, & picture of him in my mind) In the end it was a cute elderly man & his lady friend. I was so mad at myself. But glad that I caught myself in action.

The other day I pulled out in front of a vehicle thinking that my car had the guts to get me quickly out of the way. I overestimated my Rav4. Luckily the car slowed down for me, & did not honk (like I imagine I would).

So as my own personal goal I will start with trying not to snap-judge other drivers, who have probably been in less accidents than I.

1 comment:

Caitlin and Jason said...

This is something I am consistently working on!!